Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Earrings versus food

 No apologies this is a full on Grace Dent fan club post.

Click to see her wickedly funny but terribly accurate restaurant revues in the Guardian news paper.

Now me dears I must admit that these are not the best earrings I have seen  her wear but after a conversation with my sister this is what we got from the new series.

Click 

 Match the earrings to the dish !

A


 B


 C


 D

Play along if you fancy it.

She is wearing my fave earrings in this little clip see if you can guess, CLICK

Toddle Loo

and 

Pip Pip. 

12 comments:

  1. I'm not even going to begin to do "an earring matching test". I had no idea she changed them so often, as I don't watch Masterchef.

    What I do know is that Grace Dent is a simply faboo, witty, and endlessly readable columnist - and a great "friend of the gays" - and I adore her for all that! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The earrings are are a bonus. Nothing competes with her Knowledge, wit and her ability to crucify a pomposity in a sentence.

      Delete
  2. She was a great TV critic as well - I miss her doing that.
    Are you going to watch Nigella doing Bake Off?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a soft spot for Nigella. she was treated very badly by just about everybody in the past but has always remained lovely to all.

      Delete
  3. I must admit, I had no idea who Grace Dent was before reading this post - and clicking some links. (I haven't watched Masterchef since Lloyd Grossbum presented it, and then only occasionally - I preferred him in Through the Keyhole.) I'm up for a game though!

    A 1
    B 3
    C 4
    D 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I enjoy her in MasterChef it is as Jon says her writing as food critic in the Guardian that is her ultimate claim to fame and adoration (no holes barred and wickedly funny)

      Delete
  4. The reason I swerved the game is because I’m rubbish at food - however, I am better at earrings, and Mr Devine has brought out my competitive spirit.
    A 3
    B 1
    C 4
    D 2

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A = 4
      B = 2
      C = 1
      D = 3
      Never mind it was only a bit of silliness and I am more of a broach man myself.

      Delete
  5. Oh, dear. Even between us, Ms Scarlet and me didn't manage to get a single one right. Never mind, it was, as you say "only a bit of silliness" - which we need more than ever in this increasingly miserable world. More silliness, I say! And broaches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m stunned we didn’t get one right between us, Mr Devine! I was confident with my answers as well. Never mind, I will write a broach post for Madam A! I rarely wear any jewellery at all any more - the dog tries to chew my earrings and I reckon he’d do the same with necklaces and bracelets. Sigh.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never be to rich, to thin or have to many broaches.

    ReplyDelete