Sunday 31 March 2024

The Delargo Gardens - March

Here we are again me dears with the March garden. Winter is over, hoorah! We have indeed had a mild March and everything is growing like mad.


Narcissus 'Tête-à-tête' gave us a massive hit of colour in February when we needed it but now it's the turn of the more elegant  Narcissus 'Thalia';


and the delightful Narcissus “Minnow”


Brunnera macrophylla “Alexanders Great”


Chionodoxa forbesei “Pink Giant” has not flowered well this year and might need replacing.


The first Tulip! We will have a lot more to see from them next month methinks.


There tiz me lovelies, now it's time to climb up into the Land Rover for a tour of our vast estate.






The Ipheion uniflorum are still flowering away -


 and looking fab;


as is Cyclamen coum
 

The wallflowers and Pansy.


To our great joy, three of our Fuchsia pots have been doubling-up as a nursery for self-sown fern seedlings. 


Donny is well chuffed


That's it for March then me darlins. We hope to see you back in the garden in April when I am sure there will be a lot more to see.

Till then me dears. 
It's Ttfn from Donny
and it's Ttfn from me

Toodle-loo and Pip Pip.

6 comments:

  1. Fab-u-lous! Spring is my fave time of year - and everything's growing before our eyes... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a kind March and everything is growing like topsy. The garden is starting to look and feel like a garden and not just a collection of pots.
      I think April will give us our first Wow

      Delete
  2. I can only imagine how nice the Narcissus smells.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello me dear, lovely to see you in the garden.
      The Narcissus is very pretty but only has a slight smell. I think we should get some smellier ones for next year
      Ttfn

      Delete
  3. Your 'Thalia' are beautiful! As is the mossy fern pot (at the bottom of the 3rd "Tour" photos) - it looks full of promise. And do I spy a small leaf on your Taro?

    Donny is doing a splendid job supervising. Well done, Donny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello me dear, sorry to keep you waiting with the moderation thingy.
      Thalia is delightful and all of the ferns are unfurling as we speak.
      Donny is over the moon that you mentioned him.
      The Taro started to wake up in the warmth of march but this month has proved to be rather chilly and it is sulking.
      Ttfn

      Delete