Saturday 30 March 2024

Madam Arcati Cooks the Books #5; Delia Smith - Companion of Honour & CBE

 I can not express the respect and admiration I have for Delia (as a chef she has got me out of trouble many times). In recent times it seems to be fashionable to 'poo-poo' her - but since the early 70s until now with her 'Delia Online (Click)' her work has inspired and taught a nation how to cook fabulous food at home. Just in the UK the sales of her cookery books run to over 21.5 million.

Companion of Honour is a much higher order than that of Dame Commander of the British Empire and she is also has an O B E. but sadly can not be called 'Dame Delia'. I do anyway!

I am lucky enough to be able to have the most amazing butcher's based in Yorkshire that only uses rare and native breed animals that frolic on the Dales. I got a whole Breast of Lamb from them. Didn't know how to tackle it. I looked at loads of my 300 cookery books and online. Only Delia came up with the goods - God bless her. She got me out of trouble again !

Frugal Food 1976;  my edition is 2008


Once again Delia came to the rescue






And Leftovers !


 Flavour was amazing - why don't you give it a go?!

Ttfn





4 comments:

  1. Oh, it WAS delicious!

    Gawd Bless Dame Delia! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Native, old breed lamb from the Yorkshire Dales and yes it was delicious

      Delete
  2. Well that's the cheekiest salt shaker I've ever seen!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! It's just our everyday salt cellar but it does seem to amuse people so has become a permanent fixture in my food posts.
      ttfn

      Delete