Monday 29 January 2024

Delargo Towers Fuchsia Fest 2023

 Here we are me dears with the Delargo Towers annual Fuchsia Review of 2023.

Fuchsias always look fab and do so for such a long time, it is easy to take them a bit for granted. They often don't make it onto the blog as I try to show what is newly in flower each month through the seasons. They can be in flower from Spring to Autumn.

To make up for this every year we hold a 'Fuchsia Fest' here at 'Delargo Towers' to showcase our collection. This year we have the grand tally of  44  named varieties and will look at each Fuchsia in the collection in alphabetical order.

There are a lot to get through so with out any further ado, I declare the 'Delargo Towers Fuchsia Fest of 2023'  well and truly open!

Abbe Farges

Alison Patricia

Arno Van Bree

Bella Mariska

Bella Rosella

Billy Green

Blue Pearl



Bobolink

Border Queen

Caroline

Celia Smedley


Cliantha


CJ Howlett


Dark Eyes


Deep Purple


Devonshire Dumpling


Edie Lester


Elfriede Ott


Foolke


Hazel Elizabeth


Holly's Beauty


Hot Coals


Italiano


Just Pat


Katrina Thompsen


Lady Boothby


Lady Isobel Barnett


Louise Nicholls


Millennium


Molesworth


Pink Fantasia


Pink Rain


Preston Guild


Quasar


Queen Mary


Raspberry


Rivendell


Rose of Castile


Royal Velvet


Sheila Crooks


Swingtime


Ting-a-Ling


Viva Ireland


Walz Jubelteen



R. I. P.

The Sadly Lost and Departed


Bella Lydia


Border Raider


Ed Lagarde


Eruption


RAF


Sophisticated Lady


Well there we are then me dears. Donny and I hope you have enjoyed the our little Fuchsias Festival. Please make your way to the Moët & Chandon tent for some well deserved refreshment 



Roll on Spring, and shopping at the wonderfully grumpy Mr Baker's Fuchsia nursery in Essex. We are looking forward to seeing you back in the garden for more of the same in 2024

NB for Agnes Goldberg-DeWoofs

Wind resilient Fuchsia - fuchsia magellanica riccartonii growing wild on the Atlantic coast of Ireland.



Ttfn



8 comments:

  1. Always joyful! And no matter what lives or dies, as long as "the wonderfully grumpy Mr Baker" (Bourne Brook Nurseries) is still going, we'll always have a chance to replace - and of course, find new - varieties we love..!

    Roll on Spring, indeed. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our annual pilgrimage to Essex and "the wonderfully grumpy Mr Baker" in April isn't to far away now and I can't wait to see what Fuchsias we come back with and hopefully a few other goodies and delights to boot.

      Delete
  2. Brava!!!! I had fuchsia all over my place on the Main Line when I lived outside Philadelphia...but the last few years fuchsia just didn't thrive here anymore with tortuous summer heat. Now that I sold the old house and move seaside I suspect they may not do well here either. With salt air and winds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Agnes. How lovely to see you. It is always a joy to chat to a fellow Fuchsia enthusiast.

      Fuchsias are a bit more resilient than one might think. They do hate baking full on sunshine but will tolerate some sun. I do not suffer with wind problems so I can not help you with that.

      My top tip is always look at other peoples gardens, if they grow fuchsias then you can. Just give it a go and see what happens. That is what we do. If all else fails, there is always fuchsia magellanica riccartonii. I have added it as Nota bene to my post. I grew it many life times ago and nothing will kill it.

      Delete
  3. Es sind wie kostbare Orchideen / They are precious orchids.
    Du gibst kluge Ratschläge / You give wise advice.
    (vvs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I am glad you enjoyed your visit / Ich freue mich, dass Ihnen Ihr Besuch gefallen hat.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I nearly missed the Fuchsia Fest! Celia Smedley, Hazel Elizabeth, and Edie Lester are rather lovely, but Foolke is my favourite (again). Thank you for a wonderful show.
    I might pick up a new fuchsia or two this year for my Green Gate - you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so pleased that you were able to come along.
      My favourite is which ever one is looking good and flowering well at that moment. Celia Smedley is very elegant and I would never want to be without Foolke.
      Yes indeed get some more for your Green Gate. One can never have too many Fuchsias.

      Delete