Friday 30 September 2022

The Delargo Gardens - September

 Here we are at last me dears. The much hoped for Indian Summer never materialized, instead it has felt like Autumn arrived early.  The salvias don't seem to mind though and are looking fabulous.


Salvia 'Amistad'
Salvia “Rockin' Fuchsia”
Salvia uliginosa

Salvia x jamensis “Nachtvlinder”
Salvia 'Kisses & Wishes'

Salvia 'Love & Wishes'

The Spanish Flag - Ipomoea lobata has started to flower at last and should look fab next month

 Verbena bonariensis has been flowering all Summer and is going mad at the moment we love it.

It's been a bad year for Dahlias for us. I am not sure we will bother next year but we will be sowing some more Agastache “Heather Queen”

We are over the moon with our new (last year) Nerine bowdenii

This is the first time we have seen it flower.

A new Begonia - odorata “Red Glory”

To complement the old Begonia × tuberhybrida “Sangria” and beef up the 'Hot border'.

We stuck in a few snap dragons to brighten a dull corner and they are rather lovely


There we are then me lovelies. Now tiz time to climb up into the Land-Rover and begin the grand tour of the Delargo Estate.







last but not least here's Donny to show you the featured Fuchsia of this month, 'Arno Van Bree'

So till the next time I see you in the garden me dears, it's

Ttfn.

P.S. Please leave a comment in the visitors' book

Unfortunately due to trespassers climbing the garden wall and scribbling graffiti all over the place CCTV has been installed along with comment moderation for older posts. I shall reply to all comments as soon as I can.

Toodle-Loo and Pip pip.

8 comments:

  1. Well thank heavens for CCTV! Meanwhile your garden still looks gorgeous. About the only thing we still have going or salvia, zinnias, begonias and impatience. Our roses I've just about slowed down, and I shall be pruning them back and arranging the Mounds of dirt around them and getting them ready for their winter sleep. It's gotten on seasonably cool here fast too, and I suspect any night we will have a frost. If we get to back-to-back nights of Frost that will pretty much seal the fate of our whole garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank heavens for salvias, begonias and impatience I say. They form the back bone of our late Summer garden.
      Winter draws on and the garden is getting ready to go to sleep. Time to sort out the bulbs.
      Roll on Spring

      Delete
  2. Your Salvia photos are VERY good! However, the Salvias themselves always remind me of terrifying gaping maws thanks to that one that Jon sent in for 2020's Terrifying Triffids feature.

    Your Nerine is beautiful, and the Verbena are troopers as always. I love snap dragons - I've discovered a few seedlings around my garden which I'm hoping are from the lovely dark red ones rather than the giant white ones, but we'll see what next year brings.
    Good to see your Taro still doing well. And an appearance by Donny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr D.
      I love it when plants just seed themselves and get on with it, lets hope your snap dragons the lovely dark red ones.
      Donny says hello by the way. He is always around in the garden somewhere but is not always easy to spot.
      Ttfn

      Delete
  3. I am quite taken by the blue Salvia's - very pretty.
    Sorry to read about the graffiti. When I lived in Kent we used to get people climbing over to nick things - such as my dad's lawn mower. We ended up with barb wire special effects.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my dear Ms Scarlet. I am sorry to hear of your experiences Kent. People can be dreadful. Our's were a fictional fancy along with the vast rolling acres of Delargo towers ( the garden is actually very small indeed )
      so please don't be concerned, all is well here.
      Ttfn

      Delete
  4. Artfully curated photos, not to reveal too much of the carpet of leaves that had begun to coat everything by the end of the month 🤣. September's a lovely time of year for flowers, though - especially in our garden! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No art intended or achieved, just that the Evil trees had not done their worst when I took the photos. We do however intend and achieve to have flowers every month of the year and that is a joy.

      Delete