Sunday 30 October 2022

The Delargo Gardens - October

 Lovely to see you in the garden again me dears. Welcome to the rather damp and slightly dishevelled Gardens of Delargo Towers. Autumn is truly upon us and Winter is on its heels, me darlins. Having said that at the moment it very mild which is good and very, very wet which is bad.

Next door's Black Walnut tree didn't hang on to its leaves for very long this year. Well done Jon for getting a decent photo.

We always grow Cobaea scandens from seed every year. This year's was rubbish and didn't flower. Amazingly last year's plant, up in the top field, came through the winter and is flowering its socks off as I speak.

We love Mimulus and it is good for shade. We bought this one in the Spring and it has now come back into flower.

Now me dears, the Star of the Month. Spanish Flag - Ipomoea lobata

All of our wow-factor climbers failed this year but this little beauty came through for us.

I love it.

 As I do all the Salvias. We would be lost without them.

Salvia 'Amistad'

Salvia “Rockin' Fuchsia”:

And as we put our 'wellies' on before we climb up into the Land-Rover and begin the grand tour of the soggy Delargo Estate we can have a look at Salvia 'Kisses & Wishes' in the hot border.





There tiz me darlins. I shall leave you with one of the unsung heroes of the garden, the humble Begonia. Yes I know nobody actually likes them but they have done sterling work here when many trusted and loved plants have failed us. This one is lovely and scented. Begonia Odorata Angelique

To finish me dears I give you the featured Fuchsia of the month, Queen Mary. She is new to us this year and I love her already. I am trying to train her into a standard so fingers crossed on that.


So till the next time I see you in the garden then me luvs it's

Ttfn.

P.S. Please leave a comment in the visitors' book
Unfortunately moderation for older posts is now in place. I shall reply to all comments as soon as I can.

Toodle-Loo and Pip pip.

6 comments:

  1. Why does nobody like the Begonia???
    Queen Mary is gorgeous, and I love the touch of Autumn up your passage even though it's caused a lot of work.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ms Scarlet. I Have started to like Begonias, well the large flowered types anyway it is just that we would rather like to grow other things like petunias but can't.
      Glad you like Queen Mary. I think she is Lush.
      Not that long to wait for the Fuchsia Fest.

      Delete
  2. I can practically smell the decay from those leaves - it's been so frustrating to have the blower/vacuum/shredder and the rake at the ready and not a dry day to use 'em. Still, as you say, the flowering season's just going on and on - winter may be around the corner, but it certainly doesn't feel it... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that you will get to play with your new toy and that we will get it all done and tidy for Winter at some point but bulb buying and planting is so much more fun.

      Delete
  3. I know it's a terror for dumping leaves in your garden, but that walnut tree is stunning! (Unlike the horrid sycamores...)

    Despite everything becoming a bit more see-through due to dropping leaves, there's still quite a bit of colour in your garden, isn't there. The salvias and fuchsias really are marvellous for Autumn.

    P.S. Has anyone ever told you that you have a very pretty mimulus, Madam A?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mr D.
      The Black Walnut tree is lovely just wish it was further away.
      The Salvias and fuchsias should keep on giving us colour until the frosts
      and I would just like to say that my Mimulus is not to be sniffed at

      Delete