Wednesday 13 January 2021

Divas, Icons and Gorgeousness # 3

 Hello me dears. Here I am again this time with a mid Month visit to Glamazonia and a taster of what has tickled my fancy on the World Wide Web of Wonderment.

My Aunties as portrayed by Monty Python.

Rudolf Nureyev and the lovely Anthony Dowell


People ask why I love Spain so much.

 
Lord Louis Mountbatten looking rather sweet in his dressing gown aboard Ship.

Jose Perez Ocana. I have no idea who he is but this is fab.

John Gielgud by Cecil Beaton

Joe Orton in Islington, 1967.

Ab Fab, Sweetie, Darling

Ivor Novello and possibly a little bit of make up?

Serena McKellen in 1970
 
David Bowie by Helmut Newton

Ah Bless him.

From an artistic set of photos of real Guardsmen in the 1970's by Basil Clavering

Every day life here at 'Delargo Towers'
 
Our garden boys disporting themselves in the flower beds
 
A traveling Cocktail Cabinet Ideal for pick nicks. 

Our cook

and our 'Upstairs Maid'
Well enough of our domestic life and back to Glamour Land.

Alain Delon seen from an interesting angle.

The much maligned  Sir Hardy Amies


Gosh ! Take That ! Yes please.


Glamour in it's purest form.


 

Is it to late to join ?



There we are me dears hope you found that jolly

And I hope to see you in the garden soon.

Till then it's ttfn.

#


6 comments:

  1. The upstairs maid has been rifling through our dressing-up box again! I'm putting 'er on a final written warning...

    Jx

    PS The "Sal Mineo Fan Club"? Where do I sign?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Yes She is no better than she should be that one.
      We should have checked her references.

      Delete
  2. So much gorgeousness to linger over, and Serena McKellen!! And Brideshead! With this post you are spoiling us.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all deserve to be a little spoilt sometimes Ms Scarlet.
      I enjoy scrolling through my fave tumblrs and thought it would be jolly to share some on blogger.

      Delete
  3. What a fine selection, Madam A. Although your aunties don't look like they approve.
    Your cook seems like a rather formidable woman. Do you ever dare leave anything on the side of your plate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Aunties very much disapprove of Daisy the upstairs maid.
      Our cook, Mrs. Slackbottom however is an absolute treasure. It is true to say that she is somewhat daunting but then again you would be amazed to see what she can do with a trussed chicken when she gets her hands on one.

      Delete