Saturday 30 March 2019

The Delargo Gardens - March



Here we again me dears at the end of our second March in this incarnation of the 'Gardens of Delargo Towers'

A mild month on the whole but with a few frost and a couple of storms. The plastic greenhouse we bought back in 2014 blew over so many time it is now in a skip.


Safe indoors our cymbidium orchid decided to flower, This is only the second time it has done so in the 21 years that I have known this plant !



We have a few stunners in the garden too.


Chionodoxa forbesii


Tulipa humilis 'Persian Pearl'



Ipheion 'Jessie'


As well as our old reliables...


Anemone blanda


Eranthis hyemalis (Winter aconite):


Erysimum cheiri (Wallflower):


Hyacinth 'Royal Navy':



...along with the pansies






and of course Daffs





With almost everything in pots, there is a lot to do to prepare for the Spring proper and the log awaited Summer to come.







Not every thing is in pots, and this year we intend to work on what little bits of soil that we have.



As well as sowing seeds and buying the odd newbie or two.



A busy time ahead, methinks.
Roll on Spring.

ttfn

6 comments:

  1. I love this time of year! Roll on April, when things really get busy... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, some major pottering ahead methinks.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Madam Arcati, I am adding you to my blog reader as I am intending to do some gardening this year - I need all the tips and inspiration I can get!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ms Scarlet and thank you.
      I am very pleased to be on your list. I am not sure we are up to the standard to inspire any one we just plant the things we like and cross our fingers
      The whole point of a garden is to enjoy it ( with a glass of wine or two ).

      Delete
  3. Such color.....and if I take a whiff, I can almost smell the lovely patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello mistress maddie thank you for your kind comment.

      With almost every thing in pots we have almost abandoned any idea of a themed colour palate in our new garden, to the extent that one friend said we are veering towards the vulgar.

      That's fine with us. The more colour and of course scent the better we say.

      ttfn

      Delete