Wednesday 16 October 2024

Air Fryer Madness

 Hello dears. I have recently bought an air fryer and as it is a new toy I am a bit obsessed with it.

Like when the Microwave first came into usage; people said, thought that they could do everything and anything.
Some people think that both are overrated.
Neither is true!
Each one is fabulous at what it does well in it's own way.
The good cook works out how to get the best out of both of them and avoids their weaknesses and failings  

An Air Fryer does not Fry anything! It is a small very, very hot fan oven and It's not new,

During World War II. William Maxson developed a “whirlwind oven:” a large, multi-layered oven that used a fan to blow hot air onto the food. this oven created a system of evenly heated food even from frozen.
Maxson patented his invention and sold the idea to the United States Army.
This early version of the air fryer was popular until the invention of the microwave.

Using Maxson’s fan and hot air technology, van der Weij created the air fryer as we know it today. He partnered with 'Philips' to release the modern version of an air fryer in 2010.

I would never be without my air fryer -
or my -
Fan Oven, Hob, Pressure cooker, Microwave, Deep fat fryer and slow cooker.
You can keep your Nija I don't need it (and you will never get a turkey leg in a Nija).


2 comments:

  1. I don't think we have actually had many meals that have not come out of the air fryer since you bought it... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explaining what an air fryer is and how it came to be, Madam A. Rather a lot of people at work rave about their air fryers, but none of them said just how the food is cooked and I didn't want to engage them in conversation about it because I felt like I'd be questionning their god and stirring up a religious fervour! (Obviously, I couldn't be bothered to google it)

    ReplyDelete