Wednesday 28 December 2022

The Delargo Gardens - December

 Here we are again then me dears and gosh what a month it's been. Minus 5 night after night and 6 inches of snow that didn't go away for days and days.

 

A pretty dusting of snow at bed time


 

was followed by a morning with 6 inches of snow on the ground.


 

The photo above was taken 3 days after the snow fell.


 

This was Salvia 'Kisses & Wishes' just before the snow and ice and we shall see what has survived and what has not.


 

There is very little to see in the borders at the moment so now me dears tiz time to grab your muff and climb up into the Land-Rover to begin the grand tour of the newly thawed Delargo Estate.


 

There is some colour if you look hard enough


 

These brave little things were blooming under the snow


 

and very jolly they are too



 You will have noticed me dears that the posters are up in the refreshment rooms for the Delargo Towers Fuchsia Fest and review 2022. We do hope you will be able to come along.


 

Donny didn't mind the cold at all and has popped up say Ttfn and see you soon at the Fuchsia Fest 

and It's Ttfn from me too.

P.S. Please leave a comment in the visitors' book
Unfortunately moderation for older posts is now in place. I shall reply to all comments as soon as I can.

Toodle-Loo and Pip pip.


8 comments:

  1. It was quite a devastating cold snap, indeed.Only time will tell whether any of the fuchsias in the "Fuchsia Fest" are actually still alive... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed on the salvias and let's start a Fuchsia shopping list.

      Delete
  2. Yes I guess it is that time of year where the garden is asleep and there's not much color. I'm amazing you have anything still standing straight after that kind of cold and snow. Our garden is all but Barren now except for a few of the the perennials that are cut back and look like sticks. We too just had a very extreme cold snap where it was eight degrees during the day and we won't even mention the wind chill. And yet a few of the little pansies proved their perseverance, mind you they look very tattered. Now we're supposed to shoot back up into the High 50° again. I survived the pansies will bounce back.

    And since I'm here I will take my time out to wish you a very happy shining New Year and let us hope we continue to be happy and healthy in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to be tough to be a Pansy. Lets hope we are through the worst of it but we still have January and February to go yet.
      Wishing you and yours a Blooming marvellous New Year.
      Ttfn

      Delete
  3. My Pansies struggled through the icy temperatures and survived. Your early morning snowy picture looks magical!
    Hopefully your plants will survive both the freeze and the unstoppable rain!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure your pansies will buck up. I am not sure which is worse Snow or constant rain. Either way roll on Spring and a happy heathy and wealthy New Year to you
      Ttfn

      Delete
  4. I hope your Taro pulls through, Madam A! Did you leave it on the windowsill, or bring it in?

    We didn't get any snow at all, just the below freezing temperatures and frost upon frost upon frost! I had thought that the Cobaea scandens would have been finished off (and much of it did indeed turn to mush), but I was out there the other day pulling it all down, and found some remarkably resilient woody stems, so we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mr De. and Happy new year to you.
      The Taro is still outside and will have to take it's chances along with the Begonias and Dahlia. I will bring them in in February and see if they can be resuscitated. Our Cobaea's attempt for world domination is over me thinks and we will start again from seed. Most plants are more resilient than they are given credit for but we will see what is what in the Spring.
      Ttfn

      Delete